Thursday, March 24, 2011

Golden Nuggets of Truth

I was trying to find the name of this reality TV show I've caught a few episodes of in the past month when I stumbled on a blog written by a professional barrel racer Sierra Stoney (now that is the name of a rodeo girl if I've ever heard one!) Anyways, at the bottom of her post she left this quote, “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along”. I just had to share that as it really spoke to me, especially considering my last post.

There were a few other golden nuggets on other posts... like these:


“When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”

This one is a little Charlie Sheen-esque but still works...

“A winner is someone who recognizes her God-given talents, works her tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish her goals”

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”

Check out Sierra Stoney's blog here.


BTw, the show I was looking for was Rodeo: Life on the Circuit on History Television... more on that next time:)

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I also watch the show. So funny as I used to "run" with a lot of those people. Strange seeing them on TV. Makes me miss it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked that first quote. I'm terrible for putting myself down. I often defeat myself before I start. It's funny, though, how little quotes like that can give you a bit of a kick in the pants. I think I needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tham all, but espacially the 'courage is' one. I am also totally behind the not staying where I am mentality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great quotes, some people just know the right thing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I got to where you mention Sierra I knew you were looking for Rodeo Life on the Circuit lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quotes and mottos. Odd how they sure can motivate. I really like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those are all great! That first one totally speaks to me though! Thanks for passing it along!

    ReplyDelete