Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Words to the Wise: My Mother

This post is a message to my Mom. Why speak to her through my blog? Because I was pretty sure she'd kill me if I took an ad out in the local paper. Can you even do that these days? I don't know. What I do know is that my Mom needs to hear what I have to say and I want to make sure she hears it loud and clear. So, Mom, listen up!

Mom, you are a truly exceptional business woman. You are to be admired for demonstrating those qualities that define a consummate professional.

More than anything, and most importantly you are:

HONEST:
1a : free from fraud or deception : legitimate, truthful b : genuine, real c : humble, plain
2a : reputable, respectable b chiefly British : good, worthy
3: creditable, praiseworthy
4a : marked by integrity b : marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : frank c : innocent, simple


You're integrity is beyond reproach. I have never known you to cheat a client, not for a dollar, not for a minute.

You give everything you have and take less than you are due.

You have never not paid that which was owed.

You genuinely care about your clients. You don't stop at just making sure your clients are happy and satisfied, you try to out due their highest expectations.

You offer your clients more than just professional services, you offer support and compassion. You are quick to lend a sympathetic ear, a helping hand, and the warmth of your heart.

You aim for perfection and when you fall short, as humans do, you make it up by a mile. Mom, you go above and beyond.

You are reliable. Your clients can count on you to show up and deliver on what you promised. You loose sleep at night over a mistake, own up to your errors and do whatever is needed to make it right.

Mom you are not only skilled at your profession but truly talented. You create beauty. You do a great job.

You have a tremendous amount of try. You work hard. You work long hours. You don't quit.

The quality of your work is always evident in the finished product. You do beautiful work

You give credit where credit is due and show respect for your contractors, and coworkers.

What more can you ask for in a professional? Your work, services and products are exemplary. You are honest in your services and in billing. You fix your mistakes. You are a pleasure to work with. You are reliable and trustworthy.

I love you. I am proud of you. I admire you.

8 comments:

  1. You and your mother are fortunate to have each other! Lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Hear hear for Chelsi' s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! Your mom sounds a lot like my mom :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chelsi.....a heart full of love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post... beautiful words!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice tribute. Your mother sounds wonderful and how lucky for her to have you as her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post. Sounds you like have a great mom, and you're a lucky daughter.

    ReplyDelete