Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tagged! Ooooh my!



I have been tagged once again! This time by my blogger buddy Leah Fry over at Barn Door Tagz and Ezra Pandora over at the Wacky and Wonderous World of Ezra! (who, btw, I just discovered has a blog now!! I have to get over there and get readin'!)


Here are the rules:

1)Grab the nearest book
2)Open the book to page 56
3)Find the fifth sentence
4)Post the text of the next two to five sentences
5)Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one,Pick the Closest
6)Tag five people to do the same.


I LOVE this tag! So I am going to cheat on the rules a little and invite anyone to join in!So, I received this tag and immediately went over and picked up the book I had just been reading (ok..I'll admit it...I was in the john reading!! Come on, you know you do it!) I LOVE Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series so on any given day you can find two or three of them scattered around my house. I had a gut feeling that I might be in trouble for some reason though the books themselves would give me little cause for worry. The Gabaldon books are so rich with historical fact that some find them difficult to read. They are steeped in detail, with characters so deep and well rounded, that it is often difficult for me to remember that they are fictional! I simply adore these books, the romance and the adventure! Did I say, "the romance"... well! hmmm...


Does this book qualifiy as being "dog eared"... I think so! That title once read, "Drums of Autumn" by Diana Gabaldon.

So on to Page 56...


Wow... *blushing* I WILL NOT be reading it to you!! I could pick another book but how boring would that be! I'll offer you a few pictures and you can fill in the blanks... (I changed the photo from earlier to give you a little more of the details ;)


*Do real ladies read fiction like this? I think not. Do I? Ooooooh yah! *wink*

7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try one of those books - now maybe I will have to. Sounds interesting....

    And Hey! Nice pumpkin banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the punkin pic up there- totally awesome!!

    OMG... you have got to be kidding right? ;) You didnt post the steamy stuff??? C'mon girl!!!

    Oh-- wait... that steamy stuff is what got me to where I am today... out of shape, and with not one, but TWO ankle biting, no clothes wearing, hooting and hollering, trampoline jumping little men. Nothing like Irish Twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner!

    And hey, your book sure beats my Prevention magazine (snort)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those books - should really re-read them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe. You at least had an interesting book, not informational blah. And now I know I'm not the only one who likes those romance novels :). If that one was already getting steamy by page 56, then I'm reading the wrong ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Now I need to go out and get me one of those books!!!!

    I LOVE your story below. It is very much geared towards pre-teen/teen readers. Excellent!!! You had me hooked from the beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE HER! I am rereading them all again and am on book 3 ( for the 3rd time) as book 7 is going to be out in mid summer of 2009?!! I want to make sure that I know whos who and whats what!

    I have the Betty Corckers cookbook about a foot aways from me.page 56 is all about cooking with grains.
    Hard to really tell what the 5th sentence is!

    ReplyDelete