1. I have this thing about seeing another person brush their teeth....it doesn't matter if it is on TV or in person...either way my nose gets all uncomfortable and fidgety. You heard me! My nose takes on a life of its own and insists on scrunching up and twitching like it's just gotten a whiff of some funky unidentifiable scent. It's the weirdest thing because I have no explanation for it.
2. I have no idea what I am going to do tomorrow, next week, or next month. I don't have a single definitive plan for the future. This is a fact of my life that I've become used to but that still, at times, freaks the living shit out of me. I have no kids, no work, no horse, no big social event, nothing that demands my attention at a specific place or time... It's a little odd. Some may think it's cool...others pathetic or sad...and at various times I agree with all of the above.
3. I have now been horseless for 10 months.
And while I hate, hate, HATE not having a horse at home I love, love, LOVE not having a single solitary horse bill. Want to know how much I spent on horse last month? $0.00 Nadda! Zero! Not a penny. And I bought myself a new pair of shoes! With that being said....I plan on buying a horse again at my earliest possible convenience. I'll return the shoes.
4. Every waitress, waiter and patrons, grocery bagger.... anyone and everyone my darling boyfriend (DB) comes in to contact with remembers him and universally loves him. When we walk into a restaurant they say, "Hey! It's my favorite costumer...." and then, remembering that I'm standing there too, quickly correct themselves with, "Ah...yah...I mean my favorite costomersssss." and give me a sheepish smile. Even the girls and guys at the local Tim Hortons drive-thru pine to serve my DB his coffee. It's sad. I make fun of him for it. But he cant help it. He is funny and sweet and polite... and so.... charming I just cant help but love him for it...
5. But sometimes I hate him for it. At times I feel like I walk around in his shadow. Sometimes people act surprised when I pipe up and say something funny...they look at me like, "Oh! You speak!" I've wondered if maybe that is one of the reasons why I've enjoyed blogging so much. We spend and inordinate amount of time with one and other and this blog is one aspect of my life that has absolutely nothing to do with my DB. For the most part, he doesn't even read it.
6. I love him. A lot. If I had to pick one person in this world to share a sunset, a dinner or a snuggle with, he'd be it. Just don't make me go clothes shopping with him. I want to kill him in about eight seconds flat. He doesn't understand this an insists that I come with him and never seems to remember that we have a horrible fight every single time. And I'm not talking about a little disagreement either... these fights are the all out kind...where I storm of in a fit of mumbled curses and swear up and down that I absolutely will NOT go back to find him.... he can come looking for me! But he never does. Ever. He knows how to play me all to well. He walks around the mall, nonchalant ....like he's having a gay ol' time.....chit-chatting to the sales lady (who is by this time totally enamored with him) and acting as if he is unaware of me stalking him...peeping out from behind the Men's Shoes to send him death glares. Eventually he'll catch my eye and smile that blasted annoying, "Oh! Hello there! Are you done have a temper tantrum?" smile and I'll walk over and kick him in the shin. Then we kiss and hold hands (much to the chagrin of said sales lady) and he shows me the 18 shirts he found while I was away. And yes, I am pathetically addicted to him.
8. For the past 9 months I've been writing a book about a girl who leave the only world she's ever known behind in order to discover and explore her true self, needs, wants and beliefs. To do so she must give up a man she loves- one who is good and sweet, loving and honest- because he is unyieldingly set in his ways and in his position and place in life and as such, is simply unable to, even if he was willing too, change to meet her needs. It is about a woman who has the courage to step out of a good relationship in order to have the reality of her life reflect the quality of inner self. Or some mumbo jumbo like that. And if the quality of this paragraph is an indication, I shouldnt be writing at all!
9. Though the main character of my novel is not me, she is, in a sense, my alter ego. I hope that through writing her story, we will together accomplish that same goal.
10. On occasion, I talk to DB in my sleep. Last week a movie was being filmed a block from house and every twenty minutes, from 10:00pm until 5:00am a series of gunfire, car tires screeching and pyrotechnics would go off loud enough to wake the dead...or in this case, me. I phoned the RCMP... I phoned the Mayors office... I wrote a letter to the paper. I was royally pissed that these people received a special permit that violated the rights and comfort of every citizen within three blocks. But I digress. The point is that after finally falling fitfully asleep I apparently woke up at 3:45am (after a particularly loud blast) and looked at DB, (with my eyes closed) and while shaking my finger at him said, "Some body's going to get hurt, really bad!" In a perfect Punjabi accent.
For those of you who don't know, here is the comedy sketch by Russel Peters that I was quoting. DB just about died laughing and I had absolutely no recollection of the event.
It seems this award has been passed around a time or two already so I will just leave it open for anyone who wishes to pick it up!