Monday, November 9, 2009

Zenyatta's Scare Tactics!

If I had money one Zenyatta to win the Breeders Cup Classic and had been watching her walk around the paddock before the race, I do believe I'd be peeing my pants. Why? Because I wouldnt have known that it is customary for her to act like the lamest, gimpiest, most crippled horse to ever step foot on a racetrack while struttin' her stuff before a race. Dont believe me? Check this out.



And that isnt even the worst of it! (actually I was having trouble with youtube and couldnt find a good video of how gimped she can look.) Who in their right mind would bet on a horse that walks like that? Unless reassured that in the last 14 races (that she won) she'd done the same thing?

It's like she's trying to pull one over on the betters (maybe she is the reincarnation of a horse trainer! lol)

8 comments:

  1. I love the step - paw, paw - step - paw, paw! She looks higher than a kite and fit to burst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom kept trying to explain to me about Zenyatta's funny little walk. Her owner called it "her dance"-LOL.

    There was a buckskin mare at one of the HS rodeos this last spring that I could not take my eyes off of. The second her owner saddled her, the mare picked up a front foot, bent it back to her belly and stood there. Pretty soon she put that foot down and did the same thing with the other foot. The whole time she was saddled and even with her owner sitting on her, the mare alternated back and forth holding those front feet up. You would swear she was sore as heck in the front end. It was so odd, I made a point of watching this mare both days. This mare smoked everyone in the pole bending. I even video taped it.

    But back to Zenyatta...OMG is she not just breathtakingly beautiful? That mare just exudes "it".

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure is a beauty. I hope she has a long life after her racing career is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a dang gymkhana pony! All the hot (and fast!) ones act like that, prancing around, dancing, looking like idiots while waiting to run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw her walking like that, I said to my OH, "she walks so weird! That just does not look normal!" but it is normal for her. I totally thought she was lame!
    I actually thought of my Paint Fritzy, she paws all the time, but not while walking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she's just totally adorable!! She doesn't look lame to me, just that cute little habit of wanting to paw, but being such a lady and having to walk (sigh) instead, to placate her human! She's so sweet!! Glad she smoked the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. having a mare that is quirky I just laughed when I saw this! So mare like I love it!

    ReplyDelete