Monday, April 5, 2010

"I can handle it"

I am making some big changes in my life. Big! Huge!

(Whenever I want to emphasis just how "big"something is, I always think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, when she walks back into the shop where the snooty sales staff refused to wait on her and says, "Big mistake! Big! Huge!... well.... here just watch....



I am making a BIG change! We're moving!! ... we'll at least relocating for a few months from where I've been for over 9 years, (since the age of 18) to a whole new area, town and hours away from my friends and family. I'm just a wee bit terrified at the very idea. I've also decided to go to school. I'm thinking of working towards a Bachelor of Arts degree (despite everything I've heard about how worthless a BA is these days.)

I'm also trying on a new motto for size.

"I can handle it."

In the past I've live in a perpetual state of indecision because I've been terrified of making the wrong decision.

No more!

What changed? I read a book. It's called "Feel the Fear... and Do It Anyway!"

More on this next post:)

11 comments:

  1. Dish - what brings on this move??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting (but I'm with Leah. More info, chica.)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are enjoying the book!!! I think it is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and what a grand change to be making. You can handle it with style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear all about the change!! Change is always so hard, but you have the right attitude!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace the changes! Hope the move goes well - moving away from "home" is tough...but maybe it will bring some new opportunities for you guys.

    Good for you for trying school - a BA isn't useless, in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Take the plunge! Be Brave! (Insert more inspiring phrases here) Tell us more about where you are moving and your new situation in general. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL-I think that is my favorite scene in the whole movie.

    Yea...more info!!

    As someone who has...THREE 'useless' degrees(LOL), it's NEVER a waste. Go back, have fun, enjoy the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Change is good! It requires us to grow and step outside ourselves! So, good for you!

    Inquiring minds want to know the reason behind these changes! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *look of shock* so i finaly meet u blogger friend and u move away!!! how unfair.... lol I'm just kidding! What brings on this change? Hope all is for the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GOOD for you!! I am excited for you!

    You never now this change might end up being the best that to ever happen to you guys!

    Keep up the good attitude! (Have you reviewed that one on goodreads??? - I want to add it to my list). And keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete