Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Bi-yearly Chinese Food Binge and Resulting Mayhem

About once every six months (when sufficient time has passed to fog our memories of the last such episode) HS and I decide that it would be a really great idea to orderAdd Image Chinese food from the local (less than authentic) restaurant. The result is always the same. Before we've even finished binging on our Almond Chicken, Chicken Chow Mein, Sweet and Sour Pork, and Chop Suey our stomachs are already staging a revolt. By the next morning it's utter meyhem. Neither of us can handle our Chinese. To make matters worse on this particular occasion, I decided to make a simple sweet dessert of sauteed apple and prunes. As Julia Roberts (in Pretty Woman) would say, "Big mistake. Big! Huge." Lesson learned.

In other news...

It's been a while since I've posted because I've been plain ol' tired and lacked the will power to sit down and write about what's been happening. So for a quick update:

HS's surgery appears to have been, at this point, a success. He is healing well and no longer in need of a full time nurse *wipes brow* ... just kidding. He's doing great and was a very good little patient.

Princess is doing wonderfully. That horse is so stinkin' cute some days I think she is the reincarnated spirit of a Golden Retriever.

The rest of my animal family is going through a period of adjustment that has been really hard on us all. HS is allergic to cats, and not just a little, but has been sucking up his reaction to them for years now... but with the surgery there was just no way he'd be able to handle sneezing. The answer was, at this point, to lock them in the living room (we have glass doors that can be closed) and to leave the balcony door open with their litter box outside. Our balcony runs the length of our house and gives them a good view of everything so there is really no reason for them to be unhappy with the arrangement... but the inherent nature of being cats being what it is, they are quite peeved at not being allowed to rule it all. It would seem they feel entitled to the lot and wont make due with a room and balcony bigger than most apartments. Bitty, my little baby, has had the hardest go of it as she is most attached to me and accustomed to following me about the house as I go about my day. A long term solution is going to have to be found but for now both HS and I have pointedly avoided looking too far in the future as there is no easy answer.

Other than that... as a result of a loooong few weeks and even longer winter, my computer chair has shrunk again. Damn that thing. There is just no winning some days.

Hope you have an excellent weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I'm sorry about your cats! As someone who is ridiculously allergice to darn near everything, I sympathize.

    Heh - I just about choked on my spit when I first started reading the blog. Too funny... or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the Chinese food. I love the stuff too but it doesn't love me.

    That is a bummer about the cats. I can imagine how they pout. They do like things their way. I am owned by a particularly evil one. Sometimes I wonder why I tolerate her antics because she can be downright mean when she doesn't get her way. Guess I am addicted to felines, just like horses. LOL

    Hope you figure out a solution that works for all of you.

    Oh, and darn that chair....shrinking like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete