Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LooOOOOoooNG trot! And ballerinas

I love the long trot. And I mean loooong trot, not to be confused with the mad trot. The long trot and the mad trot are kinda like the Black Swan twins- one is good and one is evil... one is all about free forward motion, extension, impulsion and glide (baby glide) whereas the other is about a jarring, tense and angry pounding of bent up angst filled frustration....


I wanted to be a ballerina. I loved the movie Black Swan even though I had to cover my eyes through certain parts.

Once upon a time people told me I looked like Natalie Portman.
Now she weighs about as much as my left thigh.

Just a little statement of fact. I like long trotting. I loved Black Swan. I never had a hope in hell of becoming a ballerina.

*taps fingers on desk*

Yup, that's all.

7 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention the long trot, I just finished a post on conditioning. Again. Seems every spring, I start talking about the same things again-LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Black Swan yet (I just now got around to watching Secretariat - I'm a little slow *grin*). I was going to be a jockey myself; being the dinkiest kid in the whole school and all. Right up until that growth spurt. Yep, that pretty much killed it off all right *sigh*.
    At least we can watch 'em on TV, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I began taking ballet at approx age 30. I loved it. No chance of ever becoming a ballerina. I like to eat and drink too much for that.

    Jaz and I have been working on the long trot; I just didn't have a name for it.

    And thank you for your kind comment. I remember your anguish at having to make such a decision. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you'll do equestrian ballet instead? You and P can be ballerinas together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to not like to trot when I was a kid but I suspect that trot I was experiencing is the jarring angry thing you described. Now that I know what I'm doing, I love trotting.

    I wanted to be a ballerina too at one time. I think for me it was a wish to be graceful. something my clutsy self didn't do well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I woulda never put trotting and ballerinas together, but now that you mention it...kinda seems so make sense. i was a figure skater, about as close as I will ever get to being a ballerina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horses and dancing just go together, I love both but I am more funky chicken than swan at both....just saw it tonight an cried like a baby. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete