Saturday, April 9, 2011

'Robert Is Here' Key Lime Milkshakes


I am home from Florida and while I have much to report I'm going to keep it simple for tonight by posting a picture from our road trip to Everglades National Park that is, surprisingly, not of a gator, a vulture, a mangrove or an exotic bird, as you might expect (those will be coming shortly) but instead this is a pic of a milkshake cup! Why? Because that cup contained the best freakin' milkshake I've ever tasted in my entire life made with fresh Key Limes and ice cream so thick and smooth you cant even suck it through a straw .... I swear this thing was just To Die For. OMG. Seriously.


Want one? Just go to "Robert is Here" fruit stand on West Palm Road outside of Homestead, Florida (on your way in to Everglades Park). The stand also has a large assortment of fruit (duh!), tons of different kinds of honey, pickled vegetables and canned fruit, preserves, real sea sponges, shells and there is even a petting zoo to boot! Oh and Robert really was there! (hence the name). This is obviously a well loved family business that is popular with locals and tourists alike.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about the trip. ...Since you just run off and left us hanging without notice like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG is right!!!! People look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them Robert is Here is the best thing about Homestead!!! They have the craziest, most unique fruits, the tastiest milkshakes AND a petting zoo. I mean, come on! What fruit stand could possibly be better?! Too bad you didn't check out the Mexican restaurant in town - those two places are reason enough to travel to the Miami area!

    ReplyDelete