1. I love Costco. About half of my "everyday" clothes are from Costco but I have a rule about not going to Costco in Costco clothes. For some reason I find it embarrassing that other Costco shoppers might recognize my clothes as being from Costco or even worse, that they may be wearing the same ones! It is not that I have anything against Costco clothes or there is any legitimate reason for me to feel embarrassed, it just bothers me for some unknown reason...it makes me feel like a lemming...or a sheep...and I hate sheep. So the other day my Mom and I went to Costco (I have my own membership, which I am oddly proud of) and I discovered (to my horror) that I was wearing nothing BUT Costco clothes. My pants, shirt, jacket, socks, underwear...everything but my bra (and probably only because I don't like Costco bras) and my shoes were from Costco. My Mom forced me to go anyways. She thinks I am odd. I'm forced to agree.
(Some of our property)
2. I live on a property that spans over 20 acres but because of zoning issues I am not allowed to keep horses (livestock) on it. This drives me insane. I actually did have a mare and colt here for a few weeks. There is a small fenced area but the rest is open and surrounded by the city centre/suburban sprawl. One day I pulled the mare out and tied her to a tree while I dealt with the colt (loose at her side) when all of the sudden she decided to pull back. She did not spook, was not panicked and was totally calm and measured in her actions. She simply backed up until the lead was taunt, gave it a jerk, and then laid into it with all of her might. The second she snapped the bolt she headed, with an odd sense of purpose, for the back of the property where she had been dropped off by the haulers a few weeks earlier. She crossed ten acres of lush grass, on to a side street, through an intersection, and then hung a left on Tenth Avenue (a main drag of sorts). The oddest part about it was that she was following the exact route the hauler had taken as though she were simply headed home. She was also not running blindly, she was practically loping. Of course, she took the colt with her. I ran after her. In my PJs. In my rubber boots. With my hair a mess. No bra. Running. In a very public place. As luck would have it (hear me scoff) a few horsemen (who were also particularly hot firemen) were driving by and managed to get her cornered until I arrived (red faced, sweating and panting....not because they were hot....but because I looked like a total ass!) Needless to say, the local municipality was not happy with me and I have not had horses here since.
Example of the kind of young stud I plan on hiring as my personal assistance (in a strictly professional capacity) when I get older........because sexual exploitation is wrong....and nothing to joke about..... This young man is very intelligent and clearly demonstrating that he is highly qualified as a secretary (knows how to answer a phone) .... really....qualified...
3. I have a very poor short term memory but my long term memory would put an elephant to shame. I consider the ability to remember that I put water on to boil a Herculean task and have trouble completing a sentence at the best of times. Car keys, cell phones, etc... are a lost cause but I can quote Shakespeare, Thoreau and have stored a gamete of particularly useless facts and figures (from movie scenes to law, to recipes and everything and anything in between.) I figure that, if I am this bad now, in time (with age and heaven forbid-menopause,) I will likely need medication...or hospitalization....or a young live in stud to tend to my every need. I like the last idea best. We figure that one of the reasons why my short term memory is so bad is because....
4. I am a dreamer. I have always been a dreamer, in every sense of the word. I have big "dreams" (or things I would like to do in the future.) I and am often caught daydreaming, lost in my horse crazed mind. I dream a lot in my sleep and tend to remember them vividly when I wake up. My sleep dreams are usually a reflection of my insecurities, the things that hold me back from seeing my "big dreams" become reality. I also like to daydream about my "big dreams". I keep my overactive imagination primed and well oiled...which I believe is what usually causes me to forget such mundane things as where I left my purse...or to put the truck into park before getting out. It also explains why I tend to run into things...walls, the corner of the kitchen counter...whatever is handy. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.
5. I have a crush on Robert Pattinson. If I were in high school, I'd have little I *heart* Robert Pattinson notes all over my binder. That and "Chelsi Pattinson" would be etched on every line of my diary. I love my DB. I love DB *chanting as a mantra* He is well aware of my affections...that is not to say that he is happy about it.... but...he'll live. Okay...so here is the deal..... Robert Pattinson- maybe not the best actor in the world, Maybe not even the most gorgeous.... But did you know that he can sing?!! I mean...croon? I mean...make my little heart go pitter patter!! *sigh* Listen here....
Robert Pattinons singing MY song
Mmmm...that voice.... *big sigh*
6. I like to eat traditional "dinner" dishes for breakfast and visaversa. There is nothing I love more than French toast or eggs and hash for dinner and a nice cold slice of moussaka or casserole for breakfast. Oh... and I like traditionally hot food, cold. I will actually order food in a restaurant at dinner in order to take it home and put it in the fridge for breakfast.
I think this is a great tag and welcome any of my readers to consider themselves "tagged". Please post a comment if you decide to do your "six things" ...I'd love to see them.
I'd also like to tag and let y'all know about my good personal friend, Julie's blog over at PJ's and Horses.