Monday, December 15, 2008

Horse Breakers

I have not been keeping up on the horse market much this past few weeks (well, "not much" for me might be a little different than not much for you!) I thought I would share with you a few more horses from my favorites. And yes, I am still holding out on you (just a little). My top three horses are staying safely tucked away in my back pocket. I am holding out for the New Year and so far, my plan is working *knock on wood* *fingers crossed* in that none of them have sold (which hopefully means I will be able to get a better deal after Christmas when everyone is feeling the pinch). I told you before, I am evil! Bwahahah!

Also I wanted to share a link to HorseBreakers.com. I have been following Horse Breakers for about four years now. While they do some breeding, for the most part they are a marketing/sale business based out of Arizona. They specialize in well broke, pretty, colored, western stock horses. They offer a few open sales a year (with a focus towards colored horses) like the....

"Colors of the Sun" auction on January 9-10th

These folks always turn out some outstanding, well bred, good-looking horses but unfortunately (for me not the sellers) they usually go for a premium.

All of the above pics are horses that are have for sale in the up coming auction or on their site.

Another website I check on every now and then is Bluequestfarms.com and Fisherequine.com both based out of Montana. They are also marketing/sales ranches that do a nice job but they offer more work-man-like horses. Fisher Equine is a little short right now on their usual stock but they usually have a lot of nice horses.

Bluequest has this gelding for sale that I really like. He is a bay grade and not my "type" at all but if I were looking for a solid trail horse, he is one I'd give a good hard look at. He looks...strong.
And last but not least....
Her ad at: A red dun mare
Here is a mare that is closer to home that I think is really cute. She is not as refined as my usual type but something about her "look" makes me think that she is a really sweet mare with a good mind. Isnt it funny the way we conjecture like that?

4 comments:

  1. Being from AZ, I'm familiar with HorseBreakers. I haven't gone ( like I need another horse) but I know people and I've shod horses bought there, and they run a good sale with real nice horses. Not cheap, but good horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for a dun/buckskin. Those are some nice looking horses. It seems kinda funny to me that you are in Canada, but the majority of your horse searches (as far as I know anyways) are located south of the boarder? I am not too familiar with searching the market, is there a different quality bred across the line that we just don't see here in Canada? I am very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some nice horses! I like that red dun mare at the end of the list. There was nothing for sale around here like that when I was shopping. :-(

    Would you ship a horse up from Arizona or somewhere? Seems like a long haul. I guess WA isn't that far though... You are lucky to be a straigh(ish) shot up from all those great western horses. We don't have much like that in the east!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang those are some good looking horses!!! I think that we should all take a road trip that way, and we can stop off and visit BEC...lol!!!

    Thanks for the new links1 I can find DreamHorse with my eyes closed...teeheehee!!!

    ReplyDelete